Introduction to ISO 27001 Standard – (ISMS) Information Security Management Systems
The rise of globalization, cloud, and internet have required companies to protect and monitor the various systems used to collect, manage and/or analyze information.
The ability to aggregate more information easily, however, has made companies more vulnerable to threats as they aim to protect their information from accidental exposure or from being victimized in crime-related losses.
ISO/IEC 27001 ISMS was created to help companies define expectations on how to manage information security, mitigate risks, and prevent negative outcomes.
Each organization will have a defined implementation that is based on the types of infrastructure, information, products and services provided, all by applying a risk-based approach to information security management. Our certified ISO 27001 Consultants can show you how to successfully prepare for and achieve an ISO 27001 certification, and strategically support your Information Security Management goals and objectives.
Benefits of ISO/IEC 27001 ISMS Certification
Since 2005, interest in Information Security Management practices and ISO 27001 certification has grown rapidly. Numerous reasons are behind the increasing popularity of the information security management standard, some of which include:
- Demonstrates a commitment to protecting the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of information to stakeholders, customers, and partners;
- Increased focus on preventative measures to circumvent damage to a company’s reputation when a security incident occurs;
- Increased interest in understanding security risks and plan for investments on a needs-based system;
- Increased desire to ensure that staff at all levels are aware of organizational security responsibilities; and
- Increased interest in maintaining continuous security risk reduction through planned and predictable activities that monitor performance to expectations.
Organizations are continuing to look for methods to address information security and reduce the likelihood of a breach through risk-based management of services and offerings. Utilization of a highly trained ISO 27001 Certification Consultant from ITG will significantly enhance your implementation success.